December 26, 2012

Day 4 : Unwrap the Season











“Melancholy were the sounds on a winter's night.” 
― Virginia Woolf, Jacob's Room: The Shakespeare Head Press Editon of Virgina Woolf
 “If winter comes, can spring be far behind?” 
― Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ode to the West Wind

“Winter is not a season, it's an occupation.” 
― Sinclair Lewis

5 more days until the New Year. Until then let`s talk about yesterday, was X-mas , wasn`t it? I had a great time spending my time with my family ( I`m saying that because I slept almost the whole day). So I`ve search on the internet ( as usual) and I found something interesting about Christmas : 10 Most Amazing Christmas Trees. Sounds interesting, huh? At beginning I thought the article would be boring and I was thinking what could be so interesting about some trees? I have to admit that not all the trees impressed me but there are some which made me curious.

1. World's Largest Floating Christmas Tree (Brazil)


In December 2012, the world's largest floating Christmas tree was lit in Rio de Janeiro during an event that featured lights, music and fireworks. Thousands of people turned out for the lighting of the Christmas tree, which featured a theme of the four seasons. The 542-ton tree is 85 meters (almost 280 feet) tall and was built on 11 enormous platforms in Rodrigo de Freitas lagoon.

( Read more at link )

In my opinion the idea with the floating X-mas tree was amazing and I can`t imagine how crowed supposed to be. What can I say, the whole country wanted to see the amazing tree.

2. Chocolate Christmas Tree (France)

A French chocolatier has created a 32-foot-high chocolate Christmas tree in his laboratory in Paris. Patrick Rogers' creation will be used to raise funds for a television charity event to support research into neuromuscular diseases. The tree, which is currently towering inside the chocolatier's factory in Sceaux, weighs four tons and, according to Mr Rogers, is a piece of "architecture."

( Read more at link )

I hungry now! Can you imagine? A big tree made of chocolate? That`s everyone`s dream ( unless you hate chocolate, which would be the saddest thing ever). A like the fact that they raise funds and I hope they`ll raise enough money.
One question I have , how many people they needed to carry this 4 tons chocolate tree? And yes, this is a piece of art, you should really see that photo.

3. World's Largest Murano Glass Christmas Tree (Italy)

Here is an art installation which claims to be the world's biggest blown glass tree. It's in the central Campo Santo Stefano square in Murano (an island of the Venice lagoon). It was made by Simone Cenedese, a Venetian master glass artist. Its total height is 8.5 meters and weighs 3 tons, featuring 1,000 glass tubes.

That`s sounds awesome and maybe they`ve decided to create this kind of tree because they had to much murano glass. I`ve traveled to Venice like two years ago and in every single shop that I entered there were hundreds of boxes full of different objects with different shapes made of murano glass ( for the tourists is a great deal because they can buy souvenirs at low prices).

If you want to see the whole article click on one of the links up.

That would be for today, I hope you`ll not fall asleep while you`re reading my post and I`ll promise the next time I`ll bring to you more interesting things,


 hope you have a lovely week!

       © Clara.

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks so much for your comment! maybe we follow each other, I love your blog ! :*:*

      http://famous-frame.blogspot.ro/

      © Clara.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks so much!! Merry Christmas ! maybe we follow each other, I love your blog ! :*:*

      http://famous-frame.blogspot.ro/

      © Clara.

      Delete
  3. thanks so much!! Merry Christmas ! maybe we follow each other, I love your blog ! :*:*

    http://famous-frame.blogspot.ro/

    © Clara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much for the comment ! :*:*

    I love your blog and maybe we follow each other ! :*:*

    http://famous-frame.blogspot.ro/

    © Clara.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, great colletion of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for your comment and maybe we follow each other, if you want this, let me know! :*

      http://famous-frame.blogspot.ro/

      © Clara.

      Delete